Normal office hours are 8 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday, with the following exceptions:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4 (the preceding Friday if on a weekend)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
- Christmas Day (The office generally closes for 1 week during the Christmas period. See below for details.)
- Weeks closed in 2018:
- Spring Break: completed
- Summer Break: completed
- Winter Break: December 19-26.
Inclement weather policy: DAAL will be closed on days that the Blair Public Schools are closed.
Calendar of events:
- In-house exhibit: 3-dimensional Christmas cards from Denmark.
- Ongoing exhibit: Dana College President photos and memorabilia in the DAAL Dana Room.
- LARP (Liberal Arts Reading Program) Book Club meets every-other Wednesday, 1pm, at DAAL. Club will resume January 9th with the book Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag. The following books will be 1984 by George Orwell and Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- January 9 Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag “Book 1”.
- January 23 Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag “Book 2”.
- April 1-5, 2019 – Spring Volunteer Week. Please contact us if you are able to join us to volunteer, so that we have work space and a project ready for you.