Normal office hours are 8 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday, with the following exceptions:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4 (the preceding Friday if on a weekend)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
- Christmas Day (The office generally closes for 1 week during the Christmas period. See below for details.)
- Weeks closed in 2019:
- Spring Break: May 20-24, preceding Memorial Day
- Summer Break: August 26-30, preceding Labor Day
- Winter Break: December 20-27, including Christmas
Inclement weather policy: DAAL will be closed on days that the Blair Public Schools are closed.
Calendar of events:
- In-house exhibit: Victor Borge
- Ongoing exhibit: Dana College President photos and memorabilia in the DAAL Dana Room.
- LARP (Liberal Arts Reading Program) Book Club meets every-other Wednesday, 1pm, at DAAL.
- April 24: The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood Chapters 9-end
- May 8: O Pioneers by Willa Cather, Parts I-III
- June 5: O Pioneers by Willa Cather, Parts IV & V
- June 19: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, chapters TBA
- April 1-5, 2019 – Spring Volunteer Week. Completed.
- April 19, 2019: Closing at noon for carpet cleaning.
- October 7-11, 2019 – Fall Volunteer Week. Please contact us if you are able to join us to volunteer, so that we have work space and a project ready for you.